14 November 2010

HealthyWomen Top 12 Time-Saving Tips!

Our days are getting shorter...and with the Holidays coming at us from every angle.... our to-do-lists are getting longer!  


I have 4 kids  {11, 10, 5 and 4 year olds} so lists sometimes get thrown out the window.  I'm not really an organized kinda girl.  They just show me how behind I am on everything!  It's like their mocking me when I see it and haven't crossed anything out.  I've tried making schedules, to-do-lists, chore charts....ugh!  But it seems I'm more of a roll with the day.  


That's not entirely true.  For home school, I'm organized..for the most part.  You kinda have to be though.   We do go off course a bit, for fun!  For this review blog... DEFINATELY organized!  I have made this into my "job", to bring honest and true thoughts to everything I review.  And to make sure I have enough time for them all, I had to make myself organized. 


This seem to be my biggest struggle.  Finding the time to fit in "extras".  Because I'm a stay at home mom, the mornings are pretty routine and smooth, dinner time is a set time.  Bed time is and always will be.  Doing the cleaning never takes me long.  But I try to add in my blog, networking, reviewing, writing, shopping, going to the post office to pick things up...that's where I can lose time.  Because I can always find something pertaining to my blog to do. LOL.  Honestly, I don't know how moms can work out of the house and still have a clean house and dinner on the table!  And some of them blog!  Jeez!  Way to make the rest of us look bad LOL.

But add in the holidays, school activities, seasonal clean-outs, family & friends visiting.. and my list get super long!  Sometimes, I feel like saying, "ahh, it'll get done when it does"...then it never does!  Its really 24/7 with us.  


Sometimes I end up going to bed at 4:30am either catching myself up on posts, emails or finishing up late cleaning.  My closet right now is begging for a clean-out!  I need to get those winter jackets out and holiday crap...


Because daylight savings time hit HealthyWomen wanted to share some great tips with us.  So we can find time to do it all and not go crazy!


From HealthyWomen a list of the top  12 time- saving tips:


Domestic Duties
1.  Make Fridays left over night – you will clean out the fridge and save time and money.
2.  We know you want to be watching TV, but how about making that personal time a bit more productive? Use commercial breaks to squeeze in some of the end-of-day chores – sort laundry, start the washer, vacuum a room, unload the dishwasher, organize the kitchen counter.
3.  Sign up for free automatic bill-paying services for all recurring bills such as utility bills, etc. Then set up an online bank account for free, one-click payment of all other bills - saves time, postage, and gas!

Running Errands
4.  Combine as many errands as you can into one outing – grouping them by location and reducing travel time.
5.  Ask for help!  Keep a list of your errands and an ear open in case your spouse, relative or friend is headed to the same place.  
6.  Ride your bike, walk or run to run local errands – eliminating the need to take time to exercise later.   

Communicating with Others
7.  Set a schedule and establish boundaries throughout the day. For example, at the beginning of each conversation, tell others how much time you have available.  It’s as easy as saying, “I’m glad you called, but I’ve only got about 10 minutes to chat…”
8.  Make email more efficient – spending the time to unsubscribe for all the junk emails will give you an inbox with just the information you want, and less time deleting the stuff you don’t.
9.  Take public transportation to work, and use that time to read, update your to-do list, or answer personal emails.

Health and Beauty
10.  Reconsider your definition of clean and don't shampoo every day - your hair will be healthier and shinier and your shower will be shorter.  

11.   Keep your period light – at least packing for it.  Wear a menstrual cup all day and save time packing up other protection.
12.   Tried and true – set your clothes out the night before. Women who don’t can waste time trying on different outfits or having to iron at the busiest time of the day.  


Love all these tips...except for the 11th...  Not sure if that ones doable. LOL  Not sure what a cup is.

Thanks to HealthyWomen and MomCentral for providing all these neat helpful tips!


I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of HealthyWomen and Softcup and received a $30 gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

________/)______./¯”"”/’)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯’\_„„„„\)
Thank You! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥