09 March 2011

Luminess Air Review & Giveaway {Spring Formals}

Clean healthy makeup.  No brushes to clean,  no caked on hot mess on your beautiful skin. Get ready to look like you had a professional make up artist get you ready for your prom or wedding!

Luminess Air was developed by leading makeup artists from the fashion, print, television and film industries along with leading cosmetic chemists and colorists.  Our Luminess Air formulators and cosmetics designers have a minimum of 15 to 30 years of experience in the cosmetics industry and have run the research and development departments of some of the leading cosmetics brands in the country. Our formulations are rated amongst the best makeup in terms of quality, result and design.

I Received:
{Click on any image to enlarge}
This is the airbrush system
How to DVD and starter guide
Carrying case
4 shades of foundation, blush, bronzer, 2 eye-shadows, shimmer and moisturizer/primer
My Review:
I'm going to do it backwards for you this time :)

The result:

Foundation & glow, THAT'S IT!!
Because I want you to notice how natural I look.  I left it big {and clickable} so you can SEE up close.  I look practically flawless.  But I did NOT start out that way.  Unfortunately.  Grab your seats and hold on, this next picture may scared you right off it! LOL.

{I must really love you all!}

No makeup.
OK I'm no spring chicken{ista}
I have lines, blemishes, uneven skin tone, dark circles...OK OK you can see everything.

I think we all have bits about our complexion we wish we didn't.  But with airbrushing, all that is practically gone!
After concealer and 2 coats of foundation {9 drops total}  Notice the dark eyes are gone, majority of blemishes gone and even skin tone.

Say hello to my new BFF. This is the stylus:

If you can hold a pen or pencil you can hold this.  The little cup "ish" part on top is where the makeup goes.  A few drops will do you.  The button that my finger is on is what starts the makeup flow.  The stylus has nice guides on the side to ensure just the right disbursement.  This baby is amazing.  You have complete control of how much goes where.  But...

When I first received the Luminess Air System I was a bit fumbly.  I did splatter myself, I got it in my hair, I was 'trigger happy'.  After watching the videos both online and on the DVD I received, and of course plain ol' practice, I got the hang of it all.

When your applying the makeup there's a light {relaxing} air flow.  That's how you know where your makeup is going.  Using circular motions you go around your face, evenly and slowly.  This was the trickiest part for me. Patience is a virtue.  You want thin coats to ensure that airbrushed look.

I can go on about Luminess and all it's greatness, but I'm going to emphasize the:

AWESOMENESS:
   ♥Kit comes with 4 shades of foundation for your complexion.  {You can use the lightest as a concealer first. The darker ones for summer when you're out in the sun a bit more. NO NEED TO BUY ADDITIONAL!!}
   ♥Eyeshadow Duos can be dramatic or everyday!  {Because you can layer, you can be very light and subtle or very dark and dramatic, it all looks great!}
   ♥It is lightweight even with total coverage. {I applied 3 times in above photo and it still felt light and airy}
   ♥Airbrushing vs. brushes cleaning, the stylus wins hands down!  {A few drops of water after each use and spray it out.}
   ♥Love the clean bathroom.  {No dust all over my counter, everything is contained in the cute bag it comes with.}
  
Problems:
   ►Sometimes the stylus gets clogged and you end up with a splat.  It says to clean that out once a month, but I've had to do it 3 times in 2 weeks.  Its just make up that sticks onto the needle inside.  Taking it out and cleaning it takes only seconds, but it messes you up if it clogs then splatters.
   ►There is learning to be done.  The models and artists on the DVD make it look super easy.  You think you can spray & go.  But make sure you aren't pressed for time your first few times.

{These photos are from me and my sister little makeup fiesta.}
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhoto ready! Thanks Tinnie!
In these pictures I'm wearing the bronzer. 

This is beyond make up, this is your secret weapon!  You'll look like you had work done, spent a lot of time on your self...  little will they know that it's only minutes.  I hate the "Oh honey you look tired" when I have make up on.  With my new arsenal I can brighten up my eyes. And it stays looking that way!!  No reapplying.

And it's fun! 
I've done all the ladies in my family and I have friends and friends of friends asking to try it out and where to get it!  Everyone wants to play :)
Social Networks:
Facebook
Twitter
Blog

Buy It:
Online Luminess Air
The Luminess Air System featured above $229.90 with a 30 day trial cost of $29.95!  The eyeshadow duo featured is $24.50. 
Win It!

Eye Kit **USA ONLY**
Includes Infinity Long wear Mascara along with black and brown “tattoo” calligraphy pen eyeliners that last for 36 hours
Mandatory Entry:
Go to Luminess Air and let me know your favorite eye shadow duo.
Extra Entries:
  1. Follow me thru GFC {Public}
  2. Follow me on Twitter
  3. Like me on Facebook
  4. Follow Luminess Air on Twitter  &Tweet your favorite item @LuminessAir {+2}
  5. Like Luminess Air on Facebook  comment your favorite item & thank them for sponsoring this giveaway.{+2}
  6. Subscribe via email
  7. Follow Networked blogs
  8. Enter ANY other giveaway
  9. Grab my button
  10. Tweet/ Facebook this giveaway {x1 each, once each daily} SEE BELOW!
YOU MUST:
Leave a comment for each entry, leave your email address, leave your twitter link* if you tweeted, twitter name if you follow, facebook link* if you make it your status, facebook name if you "like".
*How Do I find the link?
Right-Click on time {circled} choose "copy link location" and paste it in the comment section with your info.
*Giveaway Ends 03/30/11*




Disclaimer:  I was not compensated for this post. I was given the above product free of charge to help facilitate my review.  These are my opinions and experiences.



Easy Copy & Paste