11 June 2011

Piggy Paint Review & Giveaway {Summer Kick Off Event}

Summer vacation and slumber parties go hand and hand.  And what do little girls love to do at these parties? Paint nails and talk about everything! 

Photo By PiggyPaint.com


But before you go buying the cute colors for the party there is one thing you NEED to see.
Photo By PiggyPaint.com

Do you see how the other polishes ate through the plate! 

I was lucky enough to find Piggy Paint just as my daughter became interested in doing nails.

I Received:
Twinkle Toes, Girls Rule & Tea Party for Two


Company Overview:
My name is Melanie Hurley, founder of Piggy Paint. I am a stay-at-home mom with two very fancy little girls, ages 4 and 6, who love to have their fingernails painted. I’ve always hated the thought of my kiddos putting their hands in their mouths after I painted their nails with traditional kid polishes. Not only did the ingestion of the chemicals worry me, but the smell nearly left me light-headed after painting two sets of fingernails and toenails.

One day while we were painting nails over a foam plate, my daughter dropped a glob of her solvent-based polish onto the plate. Shortly after, the paint began to bubble and “ate” through the plate. I looked in dismay at the hole in the plate and decided to test all of her other “kid” polishes on the foam. Within minutes, ALL of the solvent-based polishes began to bubble and eventually left big holes in the plate (Click to see plate). From that day on, I decided that any flammable substance that could eat through foam was unacceptable for my children’s fingernails, which would inevitably end up in their mouths.

My quest was on, and Piggy Paint was born. As you may have guessed, our polish is NOT flammable and sits beautifully on the unaffected foam. We hope you enjoy this water-based polish that is specially formulated of natural ingredients. Finally, a kid-friendly polish without the accompanying drawbacks of traditional polishes. It is free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone... and made in the USA!

Final Thought:

I'll tell you, after seeing that plate the first time it really woke me up to what I have willy nilly around my children.   My daughter always has her fingers in her mouth.  Unfortunately she is also a nail biter...wonder where she gets that from!  I like this because the colors are so vibrant, they do last and they're natural as mud, as the PiggyPaint tagline says.  There really isn't an odor, I should say slight odor.  But it's nothing compared to what I have.

My daughter loves the colors, she even lets me use them! 




Pros: Natural, harmless, great variety with cute names. 







Cons: Each polish runs just under 9 bucks.  Kinda pricey, my polish runs $3.  As does the remover.


Social Media:
Twitter
Facebook

Where To Buy:
Use this code to grab a 10% savings! thechickenistareview10
Buy Online
Find a Retailer

How To Win:
To win a $15 gift certificate {Open worldwide, though international shipping rates do apply.}
★You MUST:
Visit PiggyPaint.com and comment here your {or your daughter's} favorite color!

For Extra Entries:

  1. Follow me thru GFC {Public}
  2. Follow me on Twitter
  3. Follow PiggyPaint On Twitter
  4. Like me on Facebook
  5. Like PiggyPaint on Facebook  & Comment your favorite item & thank them for sponsoring this giveaway.{+3}
  6. Subscribe via email
  7. Follow Networked blogs
  8. Enter ANY other giveaway
  9. Grab my button
  10. Tweet/ Facebook this giveaway {x1 each, once each daily} SEE BELOW!
YOU MUST:
Leave a comment for each entry, leave your email address, leave your twitter link* if you tweeted, twitter name if you follow, facebook link* if you make it your status, facebook name if you "like".

★If your new to entering my giveaways read this first:
→Enter a Giveaway on TheChickenista Reviews ←
Giveaway Ends 6/30/2011





Easy Copy & Paste

Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned product{s} free of charge to facilitate this review. I am in no way influenced, compensated or otherwise urged to write a positive review. These are my thoughts based on my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

________/)______./¯”"”/’)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯’\_„„„„\)
Thank You! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥