16 December 2011

Family Dollar Shopping!

You know, I'm such a huge fan of my Family Dollar.  I first became familiar with it's affordability when I lived outside town.  We didnt have but 2 tiny convenience stores {unbelievable high price for toilet paper!}and the nearest cheap shopping for daily needs was a good hour and a half round trip drive to town.  But who wants that drive when you just need a few items.  So you learn to stock up, or face those scary highway robbery prices.  Luckily about 4 years ago Family Dollar came to our small town.  I was, like many others, in heaven!  Finally dish soap that's not $4! 

I began saving my household purchases for Family Dollar, because I noticed there was a bit of difference between them and my other one stop shop.  Well, a couple of Christmases ago I noticed bargain outfits that were super cute for my Catie.  And the toys were like 5 bucks!  Good thing too because at that moment things were kinda tough of us financially.   The kids got great toys and nice clothes for less than $400.  Including the stocking stuffers! 


More and more I saw myself just about doing all my weekly shopping at Family Dollar.  One, it saved me lots of gas.  And two, no huge lines.  They carried my favorite brands like Tide, Dove, Glad.  It's my mini one stop shop.  Linen, personal hygiene, clothes, intimates, shoes, food, toys, hardware, home decor, medicine and pet stuff!  Have you browsed through their stores? 

I was lucky enough to hook up with Mom Central and Family Dollar to be part of this blog tour.  I was given a $50 gift card and told to see the bang for my buck, or rather their buck.  Honestly, I didn't need to do this.  I knew the value and savings Family Dollar offers.  But I wanted to share with you all.

For the $50 I bought:
 A Runway Pink Butterfly Make Up Set for my niece (5)
 A HotWheels Playset for my nephew (10)
A Hasbro Bumblebee Transformer Deluxe Legend Scene Pack for my nephew (15)
 An Automatic card shuffler for my nephew (5)
 A Vivtar 3 in 1 Digital camera for my niece (10)
A Green Lantern Game for my son (5)

Yea I did!  Right!  Fifty bucks and awesomeness under the tree!  Oh and best part, I didn't have to wait in long crazy lines or fight anyone. 

One last thing I want to include here is that they accept EBT!  When we were going through our "hard time", it sucks to say but we were on a tight food budget and needed help.  And lets be honest, the amount you receive doesn't always cover what you spend.  I sometimes didn't have the money to put into the gas tank and take me into town for groceries so luckily for us Family Dollar accepted food stamps.   I think they all do but check the site to see if your local FD does it too.

Sign Up For Savings!
 
Family Dollar Social Networks:
Facebook
Twitter

“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Family Dollar and received a gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”