07 August 2010

Rock N Learn Review and Giveaway

 Having 2 small children just learning phonics and also being the major " learning coach" in their life, it puts a lot of pressure on me!  So finding outlets such as the Rock 'N Learn DVDS is fantastic!  It not only brings fun to education, it also helps them connect.

Intergrating music, fun graphics, child interaction and high energy is what makes Rock 'N Learn such a positive and successful tool for any parent.



Product Information:
For over 23 years, Rock ’N Learn has been producing cool educational music and videos for fun learning. Our team of educators, musicians, and animators enjoy creating entertaining educational DVDs and music CDs used in schools and homes nationwide and in other countries. Rock ’N Learn offers award-winning programs for preschool, math, social studies, languages, and science. We also have educational DVDs to help students boost test-taking skills and score high on state-mandated standardized tests. Easy-to-use, these entertaining DVDs get results when workbooks and other methods fail.
 
My Review:

I received both the Phonics Volume 1 and 2 to review:

From the minute I put the Rock 'N Learn DVD in, my kids were rocking!  It starts out blasting music and introduces the main guide.  Who is a very cool cartoon.  My son said, "Its me, its me! He has the same guitar as me!" I actually had a lot of fun myself, just watching and interacting along with the kids.  It teaches beginning letter sounds and distinguishes between vowel and consonant letters in a rock song.  The whole DVD is ROCK! I love it!  It then teaches blending to make words.  And follows up by challenging your child to "beat" him in reading the word first.  All my kids got really involved and had a lot of fun.  From 11 all the way down to 3.  The older ones were more encouragement for the younger and just loved the programming of it.


My 9 y/o is still having problems with phonics.  Read TheChickenista blog for that struggle in its entirety.  But it has to do with poor beginning teachings from his previous public school, and my lack of laying the foundation early on.  So catching him up to the reading and writing levels he should be at has been a task.  But this DVD is cool enough for his age!  And like I always say, I say it a lot in my personal blog, when I'm doing a lesson or a lesson is being done have all involved.  The older ones will find something new, they always do.  And the younger ones, even if you think its way beyond them, you've laid the foundation for it.  Now my 3 y/o is beginning Pre-K so this is prefect for her.  But Ive had her involved with my lessons since I began home schooling (2yrs ago).  So she is breezing through.  The younger you start them learning anything, the easier teaching them the harder things will be.   My 9 y/o is the perfect example.  Struggling with sounds while the 3 and 5 y/o's are catching it right off the bat.

These DVDS are perfect for that.

So far the kids have watched both DVDS quite a few times and so far it still holds their interest.  I think because of the graphics and music.

I give this set a 10 and I can not wait to purchase the other learning DVDS.


Rules Of The Giveaway:
Open To US and Canada

MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit Rock 'N Learn and join their mailing list!

Extra Entries:
  • Follow this blog ~public~ (+2)
  • Subscribe via Email (+4) *Remember to verify because I will check*
  • Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs (Button under my signature)(+4) 
  • Follow Me on Twitter (+2)
  • Like Me On Facebook (+4)
  • Subscribe to my Networked Blogs (+4)
  • Tweet (+2)
  • Facebook Status (+2)
"RT @TheChickenista  Enter the Rock 'N Learn Giveaway  http://bit.ly/ai6s2O #contest #giveaway"


 YOU MUST:
Leave a comment for each entry, leave your email address, leave you twitter link if you tweeted, twitter name if you follow, facebook link if you make it your status, facebook name if you "like".

Thanks and Good Luck All!
***************Giveaway Ends 8/21/10***************
FTC Compliant: I received Rock 'N Learn Phonics Volume 1 and 2 free of charge for reviewing purpose.  I was not compensated in any way.  These are my thoughts and feelings and were in no way influenced.
CLOSED

119 comments:

  1. visited Rock 'N Learn and joined their mailing (johannama03@hotmail.com) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. email subscriber (johannama03@hotmail.com) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. email subscriber (johannama03@hotmail.com) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. email subscriber (johannama03@hotmail.com) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. email subscriber (johannama03@hotmail.com) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. twitter follower (sabrijoa) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. twitter follower (sabrijoa) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. like you on facebook (johanna martinez) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. like you on facebook (johanna martinez) johannammartinez2010@gmail.com # 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. twitted http://twitter.com/sabrijoa/status/20606308445 # 1

    ReplyDelete
  11. twitted http://twitter.com/sabrijoa/status/20606308445 # 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. visited the page and joined their mailing
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Follow this blog with GFC
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Follow this blog with GFC
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm an email suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 1

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm an email suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 2

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm an email suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm an email suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 4

    ReplyDelete
  19. Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 1

    ReplyDelete
  20. Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 2

    ReplyDelete
  21. Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 4

    ReplyDelete
  23. Follow you on Twitter
    @adalia080
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 1

    ReplyDelete
  24. Follow you on Twitter
    @adalia080
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 2

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like you On Facebook
    adalia montalvo
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 1

    ReplyDelete
  26. Like you On Facebook
    adalia montalvo
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 2

    ReplyDelete
  27. Like you On Facebook
    adalia montalvo
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like you On Facebook
    adalia montalvo
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 4

    ReplyDelete
  29. tweeted
    https://twitter.com/adalia080/status/2061584398
    @adalia080
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 1

    ReplyDelete
  30. tweeted
    https://twitter.com/adalia080/status/2061584398
    @adalia080
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com 1

    ReplyDelete
  31. FB status
    http://www.facebook.com/didenita
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. FB status
    http://www.facebook.com/didenita
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. signed up for rock & learn's email list

    ReplyDelete
  34. following you on twitter 9ziggy #1

    ReplyDelete
  35. following you on twitter 9ziggy #2

    ReplyDelete
  36. subscribed to rocknlearn newsletter

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. GFC FOLLOWER Ms.Smith

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. GFC FOLLOWER Ms.Smith

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. email subscriber

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. email subscriber

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. email subscriber

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. email subscriber

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. voted for your blog on top mommy blogs

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. voted for your blog on top mommy blogs

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. voted for your blog on top mommy blogs

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. voted for your blog on top mommy blogs

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. following you on twitter @atlmuzikfanzinc

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. following you on twitter @atlmuzikfanzinc

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. liked you FB as Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. liked you FB as Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. liked you FB as Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. liked you FB as Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. networked blogs follower Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. networked blogs follower Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. networked blogs follower Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. networked blogs follower Sable S

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. tweet

    http://twitter.com/atlmuzikfanzinc/status/20680292464

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. tweet

    http://twitter.com/atlmuzikfanzinc/status/20680292464

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. posted on FB status

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=74201768&v=wall&story_fbid=149848448365552

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. posted on FB status

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=74201768&v=wall&story_fbid=149848448365552

    atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I joined their mailing list.

    felecia@twinoaksfl.org

    ReplyDelete
  63. gfc follower

    felecia@twinoaksfl.org

    ReplyDelete
  64. email subscriber

    felecia@twinoaksfl.org

    ReplyDelete
  65. email subscriber

    felecia@twinoaksfl.org

    ReplyDelete
  66. Yvettewithdt

    "RT @TheChickenista Enter the Rock 'N Learn Giveaway http://bit.ly/ai6s2O #contest #giveaway"

    ReplyDelete
  67. Yvettewithdt

    "RT @TheChickenista Enter the Rock 'N Learn Giveaway http://bit.ly/ai6s2O #contest #giveaway"

    ReplyDelete
  68. Follow this blog ~public
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Follow this blog ~public
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Follow Me on Twitter
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Follow Me on Twitter
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Like Me On Facebook
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Like Me On Facebook
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Like Me On Facebook
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Like Me On Facebook
    Yvettewithdt
    mommywithlearningtoys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I joined the mailing list.
    jennifer.lebeda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Networked Blogs suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com
    1

    ReplyDelete
  78. Networked Blogs suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com
    2

    ReplyDelete
  79. Networked Blogs suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com
    3

    ReplyDelete
  80. Networked Blogs suscriber
    adaliadelcompar at gmail dot com
    4

    ReplyDelete
  81. I Visited Rock 'N Learn and join their mailing list with my GFC email

    ReplyDelete
  82. I follow publicly with GFC Entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  83. Twitter follower - (wowcheckitout) Entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  84. Twitter follower - (wowcheckitout) Entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  85. Tweet http://twitter.com/wowcheckitout/status/21787688698 Entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  86. Tweet http://twitter.com/wowcheckitout/status/21787688698 Entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  87. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I visited Rock n Learn and joined their mailing list!

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I follow your blog via Google Friend Connect

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  90. I follow your blog via Google Friend Connect

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  91. I am an email subscriber

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  92. I am an email subscriber

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  93. I am an email subscriber

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  94. I am an email subscriber

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 4

    ReplyDelete
  95. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  96. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  97. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  98. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 4

    ReplyDelete
  99. I follow you on Twitter
    (@THRansom)

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow you on Twitter
    (@THRansom)

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  101. I "Like" you on Facebook
    (Heather Ransom)

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  102. I "Like" you on Facebook
    (Heather Ransom)

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  103. I "Like" you on Facebook
    (Heather Ransom)

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  104. I "Like" you on Facebook
    (Heather Ransom)

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 4

    ReplyDelete
  105. I subscribe to your Networked Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  106. I subscribe to your Networked Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  107. I subscribe to your Networked Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  108. I subscribe to your Networked Blogs

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 4

    ReplyDelete
  109. I tweeted about your giveaway:
    https://twitter.com/THRansom/status/21792034905

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  110. I tweeted about your giveaway:
    https://twitter.com/THRansom/status/21792034905

    Heather R
    thransom@gmail.com

    Entry 2

    ReplyDelete