In case you haven't heard about Rock 'N Learn, they are high energy, music infused, awesomely fun videos that help kids with various subjects. I've seen a lot of educational videos, but these are like none other. The minute I hit play and that music comes up, it's like a magnet with the kids! My kids get really into it! From the oldest to the youngest, everyone loves to sing along. It's hard not to! It's catchy!
Product Overview:
Sight words are the most frequently used words in the English language, and this DVD helps students read them automatically. As a supplement to phonics-based strategies, Rock 'N Learn Sight Words boosts reading and spelling skills. Children learn over 60 sight words through engaging characters, entertaining songs, and fun practice. Words are presented in context to help build reading comprehension. Includes all pre-primer Dolch words, the top 20 from Fry's, and more. A bonus section helps kids with word shapes and spelling skills.My Thoughts:
Pre-k & up. Approx. 50 minutes
Like I've said, my kids can watch these over and over and to them it's just another favorite cartoon, not "school work". I've seen a definite improvement with my kids. Reading better and spelling better.
The sight words.... our kids come home with those flash cards from the teacher to help them with the most used words like the, look, see, of etc. How boring are those flash cards for the kids? I used to make games out of it. Like speed reading, whoever says it faster wins the card. Then at the end make a sentence using some or all the cards for bonus points. Then there are prizes. But I had to be involved. With this I can pop in the DVD and let the kids go. Plus I'm seeing a quicker response time! Any tool I can add to my learning arsenal the better!
Give this a click and tell me it doesn't make you want to DANCE along!
Social Media:
Blog
Buy It:
Online Store
Find a Store
Get it in the App Store
