With so many children being diagnoised with childhood diabetes,obesity and other health problems, it's important to arm yourself with knowledge! Best Food for Your Baby & Toddler From First Food to Meals Your Child Will Love gives you just that. But it's more than a book about how to raise a healthy child. It's packed full of delicious recipes that have all been kid-tested and APPROVED, and can be prepared in 15 minutes!
I love how this book is set up. It's quick charts, easy to find tips, make this an awesome reference guide for any new parent. It's difficult. You find out your pregnant... OK, breast is the best, but after that, I was lost! I still am for the most part. One of the best and most important things you can give your child is a healthy start. The habits they develop now, will stay with them for the rest of their life. Just as you teach them to tie their shoes, you need to teach them the right food choices.
This book gives you that. From starting up your kitchen with essentials to showing you what foods have what and do what. Like for example, for a great source of vitamin A, there's calf liver 1oz., egg boiled 1 lg., yogurt 4oz. to name a few. Vitamin A is important for bone growth, vision, and tissue cell development. My favorite is the listing of websites that carry safe products and whole foods.
Now this is my favorite recipe, "Chicken Salad". I know BIG surprise..Chicken! Out of 150 recipes, I choose chicken! This is actually the reason we started raising our own food. I was tired of hearing about all the recalls, and actually kinda scared to make my next grocery trip. Who knows what they pump into the animals. You see the expose' on slaughterhouses, and it just really shook me to the point of taking on animals for our own nutrition. Buying organic is great, if you can. But I just thought, why couldn't I do it and save me the $$ and teach my children along the way. BTW raising your own chickens just for eggs saves you lots of $$. I went to the store the other day because I wouldn't have enough eggs to make my baking list..and wow! These eggs were about half the size of mine for five bucks! Yowzas!
I've gone off course, the recipe I love, yes... I'm back on track.
Chicken Salad:
- 1/3 c Greek yogurt
- 1t fresh lemon juice
- 1/2t Dijon mustard
- 12oz chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/4 c grated carrots
- 1sm apple/pear diced
- 1med celery finely diced
- 1T chopped cilantro (YUM!)
- sprinkle of ground ginger
Reading this book feels like I sat down with a knowledgeable friend. Who I can keep on the counter top for a quick reference! It was very thorough and well organized. It takes you step by step from stage to stage. What should my child be eating at 18 months...hmm... go to pg 119 and it lists best foods for this age as well as best drinks.
This is a book to keep on your counter top and I don't think it will ever get dusty!
FTC Compliant: I was given a free copy for reviewing purposes. I was NOT compensated. These are my true and honest thought. The link to Amazon site has my affiliate code embedded in it. I am compensated if you chose to use my link to purchase.

Hello I am a new email subscriber via SW. I would love for you to subscriber back at
ReplyDeletehttp://megankayden.blogspot.com/